Is your eye doctor's appointment coming up? Are you worried about going to the eye clinic during the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic? Rest assured, keeping our patients and staff safe is our top priority!
We anticipate that this outbreak will continue for a while, and do not want our patients to neglect their eye care needs during this critical time. Our optometric clinic is prudent and has adopted specific measures to protect our patients and staff from potential exposure to COVID-19 during this time of uncertainty. That said, guidelines for slowing the spread of this pandemic are rapidly changing. Please check our website regularly for the most up-to-date information.
Here Are the Precautions Our Eye Clinic Is Taking to Limit COVID-19:
We employ a strict office policy that mandates that all eye doctors, opticians, office staff, and patients not enter if they are feeling unwell or have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, or have been exposed to a known case of COVID-19 or traveled within the last 14 days.
The staff may ask you to wait outside rather than in the waiting area in order to protect yourself and others. Furthermore, we are trying to schedule our appointments in such a way that our waiting room remains as empty as possible. Patients are asked to wear masks for their appointment. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one for a small fee.
During your eye exam:
- The eye doctor may use a special plastic barrier called a slit-lamp breath shield to block the exchange of breath between patient and doctor.
- The optometrist will wear a mask and safety goggles or a face shield.
- The practitioner may wait for your slit-lamp eye exam to be over before speaking with you or answering any questions.
- We sanitize all equipment and patient contact surfaces after every use and at the end of the day.
- We sanitize all surfaces and equipment (front desk counters, telephones, pens, door handles, waiting room chairs).
- All staff members wash or sanitize their hands before contact with each patient and throughout the day.
- Our office is equipped with hand sanitizer.
- We request that patients sanitize their hands prior to trying on frames. We also clean and sanitize frames after being tried on.
- If we don’t shake hands during this time, please don’t take it personally!
Please call Village Optical at 204-500-2559 with any questions or concerns you may have. If you feel it's best for you or a member of your family to reschedule your appointment, feel free to call us.
To stay abreast of the coronavirus pandemic, please visit the following official health organizations:
If you feel unwell, we recommend calling Health Links at 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257.
Thank you and stay safe!