The Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO) recommends that infants have their first eye exam between 6 to 9 months of age, and preschool children have at least one eye exam between 2 and 5 years of age. School age children (6-18 years old) should have their eyes examined yearly to ensure good vision in school.
Even if you don’t normally need vision correction, you still need to get regular eye exams. Adults between 19 and 65 years old should have their eyes checked every two years, and yearly after 65 years old. Doctors often recommend more frequent examinations for adults with diabetes, high blood pressure, and other disorders, because many diseases can have an impact on vision and eye health.
When you arrive at Village Optical for your comprehensive eye exam, expect us to determine your prescription for glasses or contact lenses, check your eyes for eye diseases, and evaluate how your eyes function together. We will also assess your overall health by checking your eyes.
Winnipeg, MB R2M 3T2
- Phone: 204-253-9219
- Fax: 204-256-3537
- Monday: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Open 9:00am - 1:00pm on Saturdays in August.
- Closed Saturdays in July and long weekends
- Closed on statutory holidays, Remembrance Day and Boxing Day