The Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO) recommends that infants undergo their first eye exam between 6 to 9 months of age, and preschool children have at least one eye exam between 2 and 5 years of age. School age children (6-19 years old) should have their eyes examined yearly to ensure good vision in school. Adults between 20 and 40 years old should have eye exams every two to three years, between 40 and 64 every two years and yearly after 65 years old. Even if you don’t normally need vision correction, you still need to get regular eye exams. Doctors often recommend more frequent examinations for adults with diabetes, high blood pressure, and other disorders, because many disease can have an impact on vision and eye health.
When you arrive at Village Optical for your comprehensive eye exam, expect us to determine your prescription for glasses or contact lenses, check your eyes for eye diseases, and evaluate how your eyes function together. We will also assess your overall health by checking your eyes.
Winnipeg, MB R2M 3T2
- Phone: (204) 253-9219
- Fax: (204) 256-3537
- Monday: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Please contact us with any questions you might have.
- Plenty of free parking available.
- The clinic and optical dispensary are on the ground floor for easy patient access.
- Closed Saturdays in July and long weekends
- Closed on statutory holidays, Terry Fox Day, Remembrance Day and Boxing Day
- Open 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Saturdays in August