To our patients,
We hope you are keeping well. At Village Optical, the safety of our team and patients is our top priority. For the past 6 weeks we have been providing urgent and emergent care to our patients, and routine services resumed on May 4th. Things will look different on your next visit, and we wanted to let you know of some changes we’ve made with your safety in mind:
- We have temporarily extended our hours to Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm and are spacing appointments to reduce the number of people in our clinic at a time. Only 3 doctors will be seeing patients at a time.
- We will be limiting the amount of people in the clinic. If we are at capacity, you may be asked to wait outside or in your car.
- We have enhanced cleaning and removed all magazines and toys from our waiting area. Frames will be cleaned after being tried on.
- All visitors and staff must sanitize hands upon entry.
- Our team will be wearing PPE when physical distance cannot be maintained.
- Groups and families are asked to enter the clinic in small groups (no more than 2 at a time), or book appointments on separate days.
- Eyewear pickups and adjustments will be scheduled as much as possible.
- Staff or patients who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or have travelled out of province will not be permitted in our facility. We have extended our sick time policy for staff. Please call and reschedule your appointment and avoid picking up eyewear if you are feeling unwell or have travelled within the past 14 days. There are no fees for cancelled appointments.
- We will continue to offer curbside eyewear pick-up and free delivery of contact lenses.
- The public washroom will be closed (except for emergencies).
In anticipation of your upcoming visit, we would like to let you know what to expect:
- Please come by yourself, unless an escort is required (for example, parents, caregivers or translators).
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. We are working diligently to minimize wait times. If you are late, the next person will have to wait. As a result, we will reschedule appointments if you are more than 10 minutes late. If you are early and not picking out glasses, we kindly ask that you wait outside or in your car until your scheduled appointment time.
- Patients will be required to wear masks (fabric masks are acceptable). If you do not have a mask, we will provide a mask for $3 plus tax. Masks may be removed when trying on eyewear, as long as you maintain a 2m distance from others.
- Please bring a list of any medications and eye drops you are taking and leave unnecessary items (such as jackets and backpacks) in your car to reduce the risk of contamination.
At Village Optical, we are proud of how we have earned your trust over the past 30 years. While we may look a little different, we will make sure to continue the excellent care you have come to expect from us. We look forward to taking care of you and your family!